Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Update

I feel like I worked really hard this weekend and didn't get anything done. Chris had a good friend in town and they spent a lot of time in our basement making music(at one point we had a full drum set, 2 guitars, a bass and a keyboard down there). Assorted people were coming in and out of the house to participate in that, plus some of my relatives came up to see the house and visit. So I spent the weekend cleaning, buying ink cartridges, moving drums, printing lyrics, fetching drinks and somewhere in there trying to think about my own weekend projects. The laundry for the week never got started, let alone done, but it was a good weekend.

Chris became quite the handyman in the midst of all this. I wanted to build an enclosure for the extra leaves and other brown materials, but I was having some trouble. Chris came out and did some very fancy work with a rope,hammer and nails. He also repaired our screen door and dealt with the mildew we discovered on our window sill,with nothing but moral support from me. Yay Husband!

I guess there isn't much else interesting to report except that the composting is well underway. We cleaned out the fridge and sadly had A LOT of kitchen scraps to add. The trashcan was also full, although it was entertaining to watch Dorothy sit patiently, certain that I was making a feast for her, only to panic when I took it outside. Poor dog.

No comments: