Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PROCRASTINATION

I'm having an odd week. I keep finding myself on Myspace, then feeling guilty about it. I'm mostly getting on there to see if I have emails from some long lost comrades that I recently found, but for whatever reason, I associate Myspace with 13-year-olds. Now, facebook is completely acceptable(in short doses) but no one of my maturity level(arrogance level) should be Myspacing.

I'm just frustrated because I wanted to get caught up on things at work this week and got farther behind instead. I had no access to my computer yesterday and was at a training for a large part of today. I'm leaving town at noon tomorrow to be matron of honor at the wedding of a childhood friend (Yay Katie Beth!) and won't be back until Sunday afternoon, so I'm getting quite anxious about the amount of work not getting done. I'm still so fixated on getting things accomplished that I psyche myself out and have evenings like tonight where i'm so worried about my lack of productivity that i spend 6 hours piddling around.

Sorry friends, this blog is quite the downer. I may not actually post it. I'm not saying anything of importance except that I'm crabby, and no one needs more negativity in their lives. Hmm...

The Social Action Movie Night went well last friday. I was at the church until 11pm talking with some people about the state of the world, which was enjoyable. I'm now thinking about how to make myself more accessible as an Ally, especially when I'm working with the young people this fall. I'm considering getting a (tasteful and professional) lapel pin, maybe a rainbow ribbon or flag, to wear during presentations and groups. Thoughts? All you lurkers out there: I know you're reading because I use StatCounter! Make a comment! Let there be interaction!

No comments: